Your Right to Access Information We Have About You
Under the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA) and other similar data privacy regulations, you have the right to access the information we have about you, as well as the right to be deleted. If you wish, we will remove your contact info from our system.
Please complete the form below and submit it. You will receive an acknowledgment message from Unleashed Brands following receipt of this request. Unleashed Brands will respond to inquiries to furnish or to delete your personal data, as applicable, within the timeframe provided under the applicable data privacy regulation. Before we can comply with your request, we may also need to contact you to verify certain information.
Your Right to be Deleted or Right to Be Forgotten
Under the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA) and other similar data privacy regulations, the data subject shall have the right to obtain from the controller, Unleashed Brands, the erasure of his or her personal data without undue delay, and the controller has the obligation to erase the personal data without undue delay, where one of the following grounds applies:
- The personal data are no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed;
- The data subject withdraws consent on which the processing is based according to point (a) of GDPR Article 6(1) or point (a) of GDPR Article 9(2), and where there is no other legal ground for the processing;
- The data subject objects to the processing pursuant to GDPR Article 21(1), and there are no overriding legitimate grounds for the processing, or the data subject objects to the processing pursuant to GDPR Article 21(2);
The personal data have been unlawfully processed;
- The personal data have to be erased for compliance with a legal obligation in Union or Member State law to which the controller is subject;
- The personal data have been collected in relation to the offer of information society services referred to in GDPR Article 8(1).
Where the controller has made the personal data public and is obliged pursuant to paragraph 1 to erase the personal data, the controller, taking account of available technology and the cost of implementation, shall take reasonable steps, including technical measures, to inform controllers which are processing the personal data that the data subject has requested the erasure by such controllers of any links to, or copy or replication of, those personal data.
Paragraphs 1 and 2 shall not apply to the extent that processing is necessary:
- For exercising the right of freedom of expression and information;
- For compliance with a legal obligation which requires processing by Union or Member State law to which the controller is subject or for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller;
- For the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims (i.e. a “legal hold order” or other similar litigation rule might prohibit deletion).
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”, effective January 1, 2020), California consumers have the right to the deletion of their personal identifying information. There are nine (9) exemptions to this right. Upon a consumer’s request for the deletion of their personal information, Unleashed Brands will delete such information or notify you if any of the nine (9) exemptions are applicable not later than 45 calendar days from your initial request.
Accordingly, Unleashed Brands will erase personal data under CCPA within 45 calendar days. There is no requirement to complete this form to make a valid request. However, it has been developed to capture the information we may reasonably require to process your request effectively. We may contact you by telephone or email if we need additional information.
Applicable law may allow or require us to refuse to act on your request, or we may have destroyed, erased, or made your personal data anonymous in accordance with our record retention obligations and practices. If we cannot honor your erasure request, we will inform you of the reasons why, subject to any legal or regulatory restrictions. If we determine that the personal data you are requesting to erase is not subject to Article 17 (GDPR), the CCPA or other data privacy regulations we will inform you of this decision.
For additional information, please communicate with:
Unleashed Brands’ Director of Information Security by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-800-517-3505.